Stay Clean Power Washing’s first priority is to ensure that your roof is clean and protected from any further damage. Unlike other companies we:
- Do not use ladders
- Do not walk on your roof
- Do not use harsh chemicals
- Do not use high pressure power washers
Additionally we use state of the art equipment and environmentally friendly biodegradable cleaning solutions to clean and protect your roof and surrounding area.
- State of the art electric hybrid lifts
- Custom Low Pressure Application Systems
- Custom Low Pressure Wash System
Why is it so important to have your roof cleaned?
Roof cleaning is about more than just having a clean LOOKING roof. It is also about attending to the overall health of your roof and home. Roof mold, lichen and algae can be dangerous as they stealthily creep and grow underneath your shingles and act like a sponge soaking up water that can lead to leaks, shingle damage and costly repairs.
The black streaks that you see on your roof are a result of a certain type of blue-green algae called Gloeocapsa Magma. If not treated in a timely manner, this algae will eventually begin to compromise the integrity of your shingles and lead to unexpected and costly roof repairs.
The process typically begins as the algae spores land and attach to your roof from over hanging trees, birds, and or wind. The algae consumes the limestone filler found in your shingle granules. The limestone filler acts as a food source for the algae allowing the algae to grow and eventually cover larger and larger sections of your roof.
As the algae spreads it is literally eating your shingles! If this is allowed to continue untreated, the algae will cause a loss of roof granules which are vital to the reflective properties of your roof. The loss of these granules leads to greater heat build up and roof leaks. This guarantees higher energy costs to and hefty repair bills for you.
How can roof cleaning save you money?
Deteriorating shingles can take years off of the life of your roof. A new roof can cost anywhere between $6,000 and $20,000 today. As a homeowner, why would you not want to do everything in your power to save money and protect your largest asset? A Stay Clean roof cleaning will help you to protect your home while also improving the overall look. Say goodbye to those ugly black streaks and green moss!
If you are placing your home on the market, a roof soft wash can increase your market value by nearly $10,000 to $20,000!
Imagine this… A potential buyer pulls up to a beautiful looking home, but notices the roof is covered in black and green “stuff”. Before the buyer has even stepped inside they may be questioning the integrity of the roof. A preconceived notion about potential costs associated with your roof could drive that buyer away in a hurry. Don’t be careless with your curbside appeal. A good first impression is fundamental to a successful sale. Let Stay Clean help!
Save money on roof repairs now! Don’t let lichen eat through your roof shingles like termites eat through wood. Nearly one out of every three roofs, are replaced because the homeowner was unaware that the roof could be cleaned. Stay Clean’s roof cleaning is very affordable. However, the longer the algae goes untreated and is allowed to grow, the more costly the cleaning can be. Call Stay Clean now!
Typical Roof Cleaning Questions:
- Will the roof cleaning process damage my landscaping?
- No! Our cleaners are safe for grass, shrubs, pets and people. However, they are very effective in killing all the algae and removing all the pollutants that cause the black streaks. Our detergents are diluted to such a point that they will have no impact on your landscaping. Additionally we triple rinse all greenery (before, during and after).
- Will cleaning my roof damage the shingles?
- When the wrong methods are used, the answer is yes. The main culprit of roof-cleaning damage is high-pressure, and walking on roofs. Stay Clean Power Washing uses a low-pressure system and state of the art hybrid lifts so we never have to step foot on your roof.
- So, how do you clean my roof without causing damage?
- By using low-pressure methods recommended by the shingle manufacturers themselves. The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association, Owens Corning and GAF have all suggested cleaning methods and solutions to safely clean roofs suffering from roof algae. They recommend using a low-pressure chemical application by a low-pressure rinse.
- How long will my roof stay clean?
- Our roof cleaning process produces amazing results that will last several years. It is very possible that your roof will become stained again over time due to the nature of our climate and the same algae-producing conditions – airborne algae spores, moisture on certain slopes of the roof and the limestone shingle filler. We also coat every roof with our Mildew Preventative Treatment to help prolong the cleanliness and look of your roof.
- Can you just clean off the few, black streaks on my roof?
- We have found that spot cleaning is ineffective and produces a poor aesthetic. Even minor stains or streaks on your roof indicate that your shingles have lost the ability to fight off the algae – the stains will spread as time passes and humidity increases.
Roof Cleaning Projects
About Stay Clean Power Washing
Stay Clean Power Washing is a company that wants to develop a highly successful and all around impeccable pressure washing, snow plowing, and roof washing business based out of the North Attleborough, MA area. We strive to provide high-quality residential pressure washing, house soft washing, commercial pressure washing, roof snow removal, commercial snow removal, and industrial pressure washing services to our community. We want to not only help your home or property be beautiful but be as squeaky clean as possible all year around.
Here at Stay Clean Power Washing, we believe in putting our customers’ needs first. Whether it is soft washing, roof soft wash, ice dam removal, or power washing that you need, we will make sure it is done properly the first time and in the shortest amount of time possible. We pride ourselves on making any project we work on look brand new.
Stay Clean Power Washing is a fully insured power washing, snow removal, and vinyl siding cleaning company that provides professional quality service all year long. If you would like to take advantage of our expertise, affordable prices, and superior customer service, then please don’t delay and call Stay Clean Power Washing today.
“Spencer was easy to communicate with and schedule the appointment, he provided a detailed estimate and reasonable price. We have an older house with wood shingles, but reassured with the soft wash they use we would not have any issues. The house and roof are now clean and free from any buildup – incident free! He followed up with a phone call to confirm the job was complete and any areas to highlight. Would use them again and recommend to others!”
“Stay Clean Power Washing is excellent at what they do. I had them soft wash my roof in May of 2018. When the work was done, they explained that the soft wash is not going to damage the roof, where traditional power washing can. They also explained that their process uses safe chemicals to kill moss and other growth slowly, maintaining the integrity of your roof and decreasing the likelihood that these growths will return. When they explained it could take up to 6 months for full removal, I was a little skeptical. However, I now could not be more of a believer. I had a significant amount of moss on my roof and three months later it is almost completely gone!”
“I highly recommend this company for your power wash needs. I was very pleased not only with the results of the cleaning but very impressed with how Spencer carries out his business. He is extremely professional and courteous and prompt and answers questions thoroughly. I will be sure to recommend his company to anyone who needs these services. I was referred to him by another very happy customer of his.”